Support Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A loving and supporting environment for those who are in need of a helping hand

2 posters

Getting NO hours :(

Hirster
    Hirster

Getting NO hours :( Empty Getting NO hours :(

Post by Hirster Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:32 am

So I have been at my facility for over two years now. For those of you who dont know, I work as a CNA at a nursing home in long term care. I went part time (prn) when I was going to school. So I was on-call. I still managed to get decent hours. Well I didnt go back full time over the summer because I thought I was going to go back to school in the fall. Things changed and I am now not in school like I had planned. I am still prn at work but I NEVER get called in because they have too many aides and not enough residents. I am taking money out of my savings account just to get by, but I know I am going to have to get a new job. It upsets me because I have worked there for so long and they are not able to give me a full time position back. I am tired of not working and I feel like I am falling into this deep depression because I feel like days are just flying by...and I am doing nothing productive with myself. I am planning on moving two hours from here...but my car is on its last leg and all the money I have saved up for it is being spent on my bills. So now I am unsure if moving will even be an option ): Finding a job right now is not proving to be very easy either...people just don't seem to be hiring. I guess we will see what happens...all I know, is something needs to change....soon.

Getting NO hours :( Empty Good luck

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:38 am

Well I wish you good luck in finding a new job and/or getting more hours at the one you are currently at so you can have money and maybe save up enough to move.
    I know how it is not having a job, I went without one for a very long time and it was rough...and I have one now, but like you know my hours are cut (which is good and bad for me) i miss the money but with my back i cant risk all the hours i would like to have.

Let us/me know how the jon searching goes. Im sure you will...until then hang in there girl, maybe something will come your way you will love!
    steph.s

Getting NO hours :( Empty Re: Getting NO hours :(

Post by steph.s Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:06 pm

((((((((hirst)))))))))))) I know how frustating that can be. Any chance you could ask for a little compensation when you babysit? Just until you find another job? It might help the finances a little.

Sponsored content

Getting NO hours :( Empty Re: Getting NO hours :(

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:51 pm