Support Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A loving and supporting environment for those who are in need of a helping hand

5 posters

Sorry, I'm bored.

unwanted

Sorry, I'm bored. Empty Sorry, I'm bored.

Post by unwanted Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:48 am

It's 6:34 AM, haven't slept a wink yet. I have an appointment with my therapist at 10:00 AM. Good luck with that me. I saw no point in going to bed at all about an hour ago. So I went to Tim's and got an XL dbl dbl. Hopefully that will keep me going till I reach the hospital, then I'll have one more and a couple of smokes(yes tobacco is my vice) before the sit down. She's gonna give me crap. Stupid homework they want you to do sometimes. I was stupid enough not to do it, lol. So I'll get crap, but that's ok, she'll still love me.
    I'm just gonna tell her my dog ate it lol.oh, it's so fun to be me. at least for a few minutes out of the day. Well, better get ready to shower, see if I can figure out just what the heck is going on after that.

Have a good day all.

jimmy
    metriq

Sorry, I'm bored. Empty Re: Sorry, I'm bored.

Post by metriq Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 pm

How did your appointment go?

I sometimes start my mornings with a XL double-double as well, haha. Smile
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:47 pm

XL double double? huhh?
    Samzi
    Samzi

Post by Samzi Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:35 pm

xL double double sounds like something that belongs in the States. I feel like I'm mssing out on something here lol.

How did the appointment go?
    metriq

Post by metriq Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:07 pm

"XL double double" is Canadian talk for an extra large coffee from Tim Hortons, with two sugars and two creams. I am having one right now. Yum!
    unwanted

Post by unwanted Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Tim Horton was a hockey player. Famous Maple Leaf, but he played for others. Haha, I'm just sitting down with one myself met. Do you mind if i call you that, or would you prefer metriq? Hey Ashley. If you like coffee, you’ll love this. Sam, also unless you prefer Samzi, as of March 30 2008, there were 399 Tim Hortons in the US. Timhortons.com. For a location Near You! lol Might not be as good down there though…..you know us Canadians eh haha. Also got me a banana nut muffin, oh man, so good...... I eat way too many of them. but I don't I really give a rats <3 haha. Oops, sorry, forgot about the no butt jokes rule, lmao haha Roll up the Rim to Win! Thank god for Tim Horton’s is all say. Amen

I bet some of you are wishing that’s all I had to say, or all of you lol. Well I apologize to those, but I hiope you can bare with me. I should get it all out in just a few more years, oops, I meant minutes. Well, no more than hours, lol. Just a little while longer

Met, thanks for asking. It actually went really well. I got there just in time to grab another dbl dbl, and get to reception as T was walking out to greet me.
    Turned out to be a longer than normal session as T is going on holidays for a week. I was offered another for next week, but it took me 8 weeks to gain enough trust to tell her what I have. So I didn’t see any point in seeing someone just once. That’s ok though, I need a holiday from therapy lol.

Have a Wonderful Day All.

Jimmy

PS: Sorry for rambling on so long…….another coping mechanism.

Last edited by jimmy on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : felt like it)
    metriq

Post by metriq Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 pm

How long have you been seeing your therapist for?

Calling me met is fine. Smile

Glad to hear your appointment went well.
    unwanted

Post by unwanted Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 am

Hey Met. Hope you had a nice day

I finally told a walk-in doctor in july. He told me he would get me a referal, but it might take awhile before I got to see anyone. I wasn't happy then, Finally telling someone, and thinking it was pointless. I showed up at the emergency of a local hospital a few days later, and told them i really needed help. I ended up waiting about 3 hours, but I finally got to see an emergency psych nurse. She was so nice. She talked with me for an hour or so. She was so concerned she wanted me to stay for a couple of weeks. I declined but I had to promise to show up for a psychiatric evalution the following week. I got to do that 10 days later. I was diagnosed with having Major depressive disorder, and severe angziety issues. I saw a student psych(intern) for 1 hr a week for the next for week. Then she had to move on to another department or something. For the last 8 weeks I have been with a Therapist at the same place. The Psychiatrist prescibes my meds and checks on me either before or after the therapy session. I feel pretty lucky for that. Take care
    metriq

Post by metriq Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 am

That is so great that you are getting help! Are you finding it to be really beneficial then?
    unwanted

Post by unwanted Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:11 am

Met, yes I do. I believe I have a ways to go yet but it has been helping alot. It's really hard sometimes. A lot of bad memories and other crap are brought forth that you are forced to deal with. I shouldn’t say forced, rather, strongly encouraged. If my T feels I'm becoming too uncomfortable with something, she will change the subject. She's really cool that way. I can say what I want.
    I’m always very polite. She wants me to become angrier sometimes, so she said, “One day I will get you to tell me to F Off”. She just makes it feel really safe to say whatever is on your mind.
    steph.s

Post by steph.s Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:53 pm

lol Jimmy, I have such a hard time getting angry too. I'm so happy that you found a therapist you can talk to. Thats wonderful Smile
    unwanted

Post by unwanted Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks steph. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 am