Support Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A loving and supporting environment for those who are in need of a helping hand

Letters to God

steph.s

Letters to God Empty Letters to God

Post by steph.s Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:54 pm

For the past year or so I have had a very difficult time talking to God. I used to pray all the time but then I ended up depressed. Deep down I guess I feel that after He has given me so much and blessed me so much in life, I failed him because I couldnt handle life. I've been too ashamed to talk to Him. I need to work on that so I decided to write Him letters here. You dont have to respond or read them or anything (but you can if you want), I just need some way to reconnect. Sometimes I'm sure things won't make sense because of the lack of backstory. If anyone ever wants more info I'd consider pm ing it to you.

Dear God,
    Tonight I was so moved. I was sitting there eating my salad and it hit me what a wonderful miracle I witness everyday and take for granted. You helped this wonderful boy out of poverty, abuse, neglect and starvation. You helped him heal the wounds others placed on his heart and mind.
    Thank You for standing with him. He is a wonderful, intelligent, kind, curious, healthy, athletic boy who is fast becoming a young man and I am so very grateful to You for helping him so much and for allowing me to be a part of this miracle.
    Please forgive me for how I've been recently and please give me the strength and courage to go where You are wanting me to go.
    If K. can find the courage to follow.....I can to.
    Steph

Letters to God Empty Re: Letters to God

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:12 am

I asked God to take away my habit.
    God said, No.
    It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, No.
    His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked God to grant me patience.
    God said, No.
    Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn’t granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
    God said, No.
    I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
    God said, No.
    Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
    God said, No.
    You must grow on your own! But I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
    God said, No.
    I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
    God said…Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.
    steph.s

Post by steph.s Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:41 am

I like that Twist. Thank you for posting that.
    steph.s

Post by steph.s Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:43 am

Dear God,
    I've fallen. Please help me to find the strength to get back up. Please help me to see the way you want me to go. I was lost, then stumbled and fell. I dont have the strength to try any longer. Please either help me or call me home.
    Steph

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 pm

(I will write one too)

Dear God,
    At times I wonder if you are actually there, I wonder if you care about me. I walk around in pain 24/7...My smiles are usually forced when underneath I just want to cry....my friends have seemed to abandon me...I am in debt, so much debt (so is my family)...I am not as pretty as everyone else...I am alone....why would I believe you are there? Helping me? When all of this is going on?

Then I took a moment to think, you have expressed yourself in many other ways...I have a family who have stuck by me through all the rough times in my life even though sometimes we dont get along, they are always there. Even though most of my friend have left me, the two I have left always lead me in the right direction with the right advice and keep telling me things will not always be this bad. You have also graced me with finding wonderful people online to help me and understand. I may be in debt, but when I really think about it, money isn't everything at least I still have a family, food, and shelter. I might not be a super model, but the people who like me like ME FOR ME not because I am pretty and that is true friendship/a true relationship. I am NOT alone...even though it feels that way sometimes, I know that I can always talk to my family, or pray to you...you will always listen even when i dont follow you perfectly everyday.

With your help I will get through this...I know there is a light at the end of my tunnel, just like there is a light at the end of everyone's tunnel. And someday I will get there, even if it isnt for years, I know after all this im experience it will only make me grow as a person and as a Christian...it already has given me a caring heart which some people don't possess...and that makes me realize I'm already one step in the right direction. Thank You.

<3
    Tristin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:13 pm