Support Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A loving and supporting environment for those who are in need of a helping hand

2 posters

The art of getting and keeping a job

Samzi
    Samzi

The art of getting and keeping a job Empty The art of getting and keeping a job

Post by Samzi Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:52 am

I have experience working retail, as a pharmacy tech, every job in the resteraunt business, offices, and call centers. I've got some college classes, though not a finished degree. I've got references.

I've managed to work for maybe 4 months out of the last year and a half. I went years working, never leaving a job without having another lined up, at one point going to school and working two jobs. I lost a job due to some personal situations, some of which included a broken foot and not being able to work. Now the economy is so bad that I can't find a single thing, I'm not being picky, I've certainly lowered my standards this past year.

I did score a job at a call center over the summer. I had worked there before so I was an easy canadate for the job, but it was through a temp agency with an abnormaly high turnover rate. They fired me because I had an anxiety attack one morning after being graphically threatened on a call.

yup, 22 years old and I can't even pay my $12 a month cell phone bill let alone the credit cards that are a year late, the car that my parents had to pay off that sits in my driveway without tags and insurance, the degree I'll never be able to afford to finish, I don't own anything of value anymore. I've sold anything that I could over the last year to make ends meet.

I'm overwhelmed and don't know what to do.
    unwanted

The art of getting and keeping a job Empty Re: The art of getting and keeping a job

Post by unwanted Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi Sam,I got your PM But Admin has blocked me from replying lol. I'm not welcome here by her. I see you're having a pretty hard time Sam. I wish I could help in some way. Don't throw in the towel yet sam, I'm sure you will come up with something. Sam if you ever just wanna talk....jimmieg@live.ca

Take care Sam
    jimmy

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:55 am