Support Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A loving and supporting environment for those who are in need of a helping hand

3 posters

Starting an intro

pepperpot

Starting an intro Empty Starting an intro

Post by pepperpot Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:56 pm

I go by Pepper.

I'm a mom. I'm a wife. I'm a professional with a high level job. I'm one of many in my head - a multiple.

I sleep really poorly. The reasons for this vary but the fact remains. I'm in the process of losing my closest friend to conflicts and hurt. He is a man, he is not my husband, he is someone I work with. It is more painful than I could ever have imagined. He is the only one I've told everything to, ever. I thought it could work, but it hasn't.

I'm suffering from depression, and also I exhibit a veritable checklist of things that tend to accompany dissociation. I'm passionate and my feelings are raw. I'm intense and rigorous and honest and sensitive and brutal and fragile.

I have tried therapy, a few times. I can't do it. Talking to a stranger in sloted 45 minute periods in a setting that is strange, this quite simply doesn't work for me. I tend to miss the whole session to another - all I do is walk in and then pay and leave. I hate it, I don't like the condescending people I've met, and I won't do it again.

I try to find strength in music, in horses, in running, and hopefully in finding some people who may be able to understand me as I am, raw and all, and not criticize me, but just accept me.

That barely takes the dust off the surface, but it is the best start that I can make.

Pepper

steph.s

Starting an intro Empty Re: Starting an intro

Post by steph.s Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:01 pm

nice to meet you Pepper. Smile
    unwanted

Post by unwanted Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:05 am

Hi Pepper,

Not bad for a starter. My name is Jimmy. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm hoping you're having a pleasant day/evening as I type these words.

I'm sorry to hear about your friendship problems. It's been awhile since you posted your message, so I'm hoping you've been able to work things out. A good friend is hard to come by.

No more Therapy eh? How about meds, you taking any of those. I can understand your frustration with the therapy thing though. I'm guess I'm lucky here, Health Care is free, and I get support from a psychatrist on a weekly basis. The psych just sees me for a few minutes to check up on me, and then it's an hour with a therapist. It's only suppose to be for one hour, but I remember times when she has sat with for over two. I'm also pretty lucky because these are not private practioneers, but they work for alberta Health out of one of the major hospitals here, where they tend to be of more caring sort.

Anyways, I won't bore you anymore, just wanted to say hi.

Take care
    jimmy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 am